Garage sale day.
It was a real “Zen-o-thon” –we decided the time ahd arrived to shake ourselves of all out worldly crap and become minimalists –or at least try starting from scratch again –more psychic pioneering.
“This is so ‘Zenny,'” Bug said happily, as some poor cretin purchased his used electric razor (ugh!) as well as his collection of Elle MacPherson merchandise.
Also for sale:
* Japan Airlines inflatable 747
* official Hulk Hogan WWF focus-free 110 signature camera
* antique Ghostbuster squeeze toys
* Nick the Greek professional gambling home board game
* Ping-Pong table
* shoe box full of squirt guns
* blenders (2)
* vegetable juicer
* unopened cans of aerosolized cheese food product
* M.C. Escher pop-up books
* far too many Dilophosaurus figurines
* hunge Sony box full of collected Styrofoam packing peanuts and packing chunks from untold assorted consumer electronics
The big surprise? Everyone sold everything –everything –even the box of Styrofoam. Bug’s right: We’re one sick species.
It’s not clear what Ghostbuster squeeze toys Coupland is talking about, but the minute I get a chance to ask him, I will.