This past weekend, the Millennium Dome in London played host to Atari Live, where gaming press got some hands on time with Atari’s upcoming schedule of games, including Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
Besides yesterday’s look at the GB game Trailer, and some text only hands-on reports for the DS version of the game, Atari has made available some shots from the Wii version of the game, which give us a great look at how the game uses elements familiar to the next-gen versions, as well as using a new, less art intensive, stylized approach to the game. (click to see larger images)
I think kids of all ages are going to have a ball with this game! Stay tuned for more info on the Wii version of the game in the coming months and weeks.
For those interested, here’s the official press release from Atari;
Title: Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3, PlayStation®2, Xbox 360®, Windows® PC, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™
Release Date: 2009
Developer: Terminal Reality (PS®3, Xbox 360, PC); Red Fly (Wii, PS2, DS)
Category: 3rd Person Action
Ghostbusters: The Video Game, based on the smash hit motion picture franchise and featuring a completely new story, is coming to six game systems in 2009. Coinciding with the 25th anniversary celebration of the film’s original theatrical release, the game reunites original cast members to recapture the unique blend of humour and fright that established Ghostbusters as a pop culture sensation.
Penned by original Ghostbusters writers Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters: The Video Game brings members of the original cast together for the first time in 20 years. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson lend their voices and in-game likenesses to the original story set two years after Ghostbusters II, with Manhattan once again overrun by ghosts and supernatural forces. Players will have the chance to chase, attack, and catch ghosts in a funny and frightening battle to save New York from its latest supernatural plague.
· Authentic Ghostbusters Experience: The game features the voices and in-game likenesses of Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson in an original story penned by the writers of the original films Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis
· Unique gameplay: Experience unique ghost hunting, wrangling and trapping with upgradeable weapons in widely destructible environments and large scale boss fights
· All New Storyline – Set two years after Ghostbusters II, the game will feature an all new storyline as the player battles and captures well-loved and brand new ghosts throughout New York
· Six Game Systems –PLAYSTATION 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Windows PC, Wii and Nintendo DS, capitalizing on the graphical and gameplay strengths of the different platforms
· Ghostbusters 25th Anniversary – 2009 celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of Ghostbusters. To mark the occasion, Ghostbusters: The Video Game will be released, and Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II will be released on Blu-ray™ disc