TheRealGhostbusters.com is hosting a charity auction for Tinnitus and The American Tinnitus Association (ata.org) and if you’re inclined to dismiss this out of hand (y’cheap bastard) you should have a look at the PILE OF SWAG that you could be bidding on. The auction is on eBAY, starts tonight and will end on the evening of July 27th, 2010. 100% of the auction proceeds will be donated to The American Tinnitus Association.
Bid with the eBay widget above or at the auction page, HERE
What is Tinnitus and The American Tinnitus Association ?
- Put simply, Tinnitus is the perception of sound in the ears or head where no external source is present. Some call it “ringing in the ears” or “head noise.”
- Tinnitus or ringing in the ears, impacts up to 50 million Americans and millions more worldwide. Most commonly caused by noise exposure, Tinnitus reduces quality of life for 250 million people worldwide.
- Detailed information about Tinnitus and the affects of Tinnitus are available at the American Tinnitus Association web site: http://www.ata.org/for-patients/about-tinnitus
About The American Tinnitus Association:
- The American Tinnitus Association exists to cure tinnitus through the development of resources that advance tinnitus research.
- There is no cure for tinnitus… yet.
- ATA began with vision, compassion and a drive to help so many suffering with tinnitus who had virtually been sent home to suffer alone by practitioners who did not have the knowledge base or support they needed to adequately diagnosis and treat patients with tinnitus.
- It was 1971, and Jack Vernon, Ph.D. , a longtime champion of tinnitus patients, was conducting clinical research at Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland. He began treating Dr. Charles Unice, a California physician and tinnitus sufferer, and together the two founded the American Tinnitus Association. Its main goal – to raise money to fund tinnitus research – endures almost 40 years later.
The Auction Details: Up for auction is a set of all four Ghostbusters action figures, released over the course of a year in four waves by Mattel’s online only shop, MattyCollector.com. Each figure was purchased on the day of release and sold out almost instantly! These limited edition Ghostbusters figures are already fetching high coin at collector shows and local comic shops. Included is the ultra rare Egon Spengler figure, released in limited quantities at San Diego ComicCon 2009. This figure alone has sold for over $150.00 at a number of popular comic book and toy shops!
Included in the auction are rare prints, signed and illustrated by Dan Schoening, an amazing artist who is no stranger to the Ghostbusters community and someone whom I continue to thank for his amazing artwork illustrated in Cereal Geek Magazine and our own blog’s character header above. Dan was extremely generous and sent over and autographed these amazing prints to be included in the auction. Some of which you may have seen from his “13 Ghosts of Halloween” art display.
Last, but not least, are a set of XBOX 360, Playstation 3, and Nintendo Wii video game covers provided by Gamer Grafix and the now super rare Ghostbusters MiniMates Series 1 Box Set from Diamond Select Toys!